Re: [CQ-Contest] Not QSLing Sprint QSOs - Is this OK?

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Not QSLing Sprint QSOs - Is this OK?
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2006 15:22:26 -0800
n Thu, Feb 09, 2006 at 11:13:39AM -0600, K4RO Kirk Pickering wrote:

> I've noticed some Sprint operators repeatedly do not
> QSL a completed Sprint QSO. Some of those operating
> in this fashion are in the top ten, and my guess is
> that they are off making a QSO on the second radio
> after they got my number OK. Is this considered proper
> technique among the top tier two radio Sprint operators?

I am really surprised anyone in the top ten is doing this.  Once
or twice in the contest - I have this happen where someone doesn't
send me a QSL.  Depending on how I feel, I might take the QSO out.

It is more common for someone to not send both calls as part of
the exchange (mostly this is from a non-competitive entry).

There are enough people that will remove a QSO if not properly
acknowledged, that you will greatly impact your score if you
do not do this.

I am one of those guys who sends "TU".  It might be delayed a beat
or two while I am typing your exchange in - or if I am waiting for
my CQ to finish on the other band...  but it will be sent.

Tree N6TR/7
tree@kkn.net