[CQ-Contest] FW: Sleep and Fatigue on Dxpeditions;looking for a solutio

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] FW: Sleep and Fatigue on Dxpeditions;looking for a solution!
From: "Rob Shapiro - ND3A" <robert_shapiro@cox.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 14:43:34 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: Rob Shapiro - ND3A [mailto:robert_shapiro@cox.net]
Sent: Saturday, April 29, 2006 11:00 PM
To: 'ah8dx Craig Maxey'; 'cq-contest@contesting.com'
Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Sleep and Fatigue on Dxpeditions;looking for a
solution!

Craig, one question a person (or group of people) needs to answer is whether
they are on a contest expedition or a dxpedition?  What is the primary
purpose of the trip?  If it is to work a contest, then pre-contest
activities should focus on getting the station prepared and checked out for
the contest - not to necessarily be a good Samaritan and be up for hours on
end in the days leading up to the contest to give out QSOs on "needed"
bands/modes.  Attempt to get into a sleep/wake routine which matches your
planned contesting activities.  Mix in some non-ham activities if time
permits to break up the radio routine.

If this is a dxpedition, the focus is different.  If you attempt to satisfy
both purposes simultaneously, you will pay dearly.

73, Rob  ND3A