Re: [CQ-Contest] Sleeping during ARRL DX Contest

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Sleeping during ARRL DX Contest
From: "Clive Whelan" <clive.whelan@btinternet.com>
Date: Sat, 6 May 2006 16:06:32 -0000
W9SZ wrote

<I fell asleep ON the key(er) once.  I woke up to the sound of
"dah-dah-dah-dah..." To this day I have no idea how long I was asleep with
that going on.  :)

73, Zack W9SZ>

Zack. You are not the first to do that! In my case it is usually somewhat
different viz dit-dit-dit-dit-dit! Also when my middle finger is poised over
the <ENTER> key, I can send unbroken CQs! My best guess is that it is
virtually an instantaneous process, and you have been asleep only a few mS.
I can also recall apparently waking up having fallen asleep as I was
receiving my exchange. I had no recollection of hearing it, but was able to
get it into the keyboard nevertheless. What that's all about I have no idea!
Can we really copy CW when we are asleep?

73

Clive
GW3NJW