Re: [CQ-Contest] Mobile contesting - not permitted?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Mobile contesting - not permitted?
From: "Eric Hilding" <dx35@hilding.com>
Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 23:57:53 -0700
Doug, W9WI, wrote:

> Mobile operation has become easier over the last decade or two, and I'm
> hearing more mobiles on the HF bands.  It does seem counterproductive to
> ban them from submitting contest entries.  I wonder, if it's time to
> modify Rule 3.7 (and the similar CQ WW rule) to acommodate mobiles?

Operating mobile may be the only option to some who are burdened with heavy
CC&R antenna monkeys on their backs.  Couple this with more Contesters dying
off every year and not much new blood coming in to replace them, IMHO the Rules
should be changed *** IMMEDIATELY *** to permit mobile operation(s).  ***
DEFINITELY *** before 15m & 10m (hopefully) come to life again!!!

73...

Rick, K6VVA