Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results

To: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QST Contest Results
From: k3bu@optonline.net
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 23:56:43 -0400

Yuri Blanarovich, K3BU

W2RU - Bud Hippisley writes:

> June 2006 QST contains a double-barreled reminder of the
> unfortunate ARRL policy re non-publishing of contest results.
> With all due respect to Ford and Kelly, I firmly believe a simple
> tabulation -- in print -- of *all* (repeat -- *all*) entrants by
> Division and Section does more to encourage youngsters, non-
> contesters,
> and our fellow club members to get on and make QSOs than all the
> wordsmithing about a handful of elite category leaders.

Ditto!
But in place of the results you get pages of listings of directors and pictures
and pictures of hams with shack on the belt or porta setup in the parking lot
of ......

It is so nice to look at old issues and see the good old days and history of
growing up of today's champs.
Do we have to go and picket ARRL HQ or will they come to their senses and
promote excellence, competition and growing segment of ham radio, rather than
picturing shackonbelts? They don't buy magazines anyway, they already know how
to push the PTT and say "come back".  :-)

73 Yuri, K3BU