Re: [CQ-Contest] 1973 SS CW

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 1973 SS CW
From: "Jim Neiger" <n6tj@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 18:51:18 -0700
Ah, modern history.

Why doesn't anyone talk about ancient history, like SS 1950's/60's when
calls that came to mind were W9IOP, W3BES, W3GRF, W4KFC, W7TML?

  I think my first was maybe 1956 or 57, and I certainly remember from K6OHJ
in '63 and W7ESK (later to be known as W7RM)  in '64.  And from the NYU club
station W2DSC in '62.

I wasted too many hours just listening to Vic Clark run the SS.  Now, THAT
was an operator.  The rest of us are mere amateurs. Trust me.

Vy 73,

Jim Neiger    W7WJB, W6BHY,  N6TJ