[CQ-Contest] LOUD cans

To: cq-contest@contesting.com, k9gx@n4gn.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] LOUD cans
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 08:42:45 EDT

In a message dated 7/25/2006 9:02:08 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
cq-contest-request@contesting.com writes:

>  Everyone hears and processes audio  differently.

>  I must add here that I prefer the AUDIO  HEADPHONE AMP in the 746, although
there is some noise there. The 1000's  headphone amp does not drive my Heil
Proset to my liking. Professionally I  am broadcaster and when I'm on the "3
meter" band I like those cans  LOUD.

        Ouch - please be careful. I  suffered permanent hearing loss when I
spent a year doing mortgage loans where I  spent all day on the telephone with
a one-eared Plantronics headset. I didn't  realize that I had the volume
turned up to unsafe levels until it was too late.  LOUD isn't good. Ask Pete
Townsend about it; he ruined his hearing the same way.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC