Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: SO1R and SO2R

To: "Steve and Judy" <hodgson@cytanet.com.cy>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Fw: SO1R and SO2R
From: "Rick Tavan N6XI" <rtavan@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 10:58:47 -0700
On 7/26/06, Steve and Judy <hodgson@cytanet.com.cy> wrote:

> Ok Guys, looks like we all agree that
> SO2R has an advantage over SO1R - so what happens next ??

Nothing.

We all agree that big antennas have an advantage over small antennas ...
bigger than the SO2R advantage over SO1R.

We all agree that rare locations have an advantage over mundane locations
... bigger than the SO2R advantage over SO1R.

We all agree that a state of the art transceiver has an advantage over an
old clunker. ... bigger than the SO2R advantage over SO1R.

We all agree that higher power has an advantage over lower power ...
probably bigger than the SO2R advantage over SO1R.

So what? Contesting is not a level playing field. WRTC gets closer. Live
with it.

/Rick N6XI