Re: [CQ-Contest] BAD NEWS - CX7BY - Silent Key

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] BAD NEWS - CX7BY - Silent Key
From: John E Bastin <jbastin@sssnet.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:09:24 -0400
On Jul 25, 2006, at 4:03 PM, Jorge Diez - CX6VM wrote:

> Today is a very sad day for the ham radio in Uruguay, in South America
> and I believe anywhere in the world that, has passed away Raul CX7BY,
> product of a disease that he had since several months ago.

Raul is in my log 16 times, from the first contact in October of 1979
until the most recent one in March of last year.

He provided me with the Uruguay multiplier in a number of contests,
an excellent operator and a real credit to the hobby. He will be missed.

73,

John E Bastin, K8AJS
jbastin@sssnet.com