Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating by M/S - 3 QSO "penalty" by K3BU

To: "Zack Widup" <w9sz@prairienet.org>,"Gord Kosmenko" <gkosmenko@arrowspeed.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Cheating by M/S - 3 QSO "penalty" by K3BU
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 2006 20:13:47 -0500
Gord,

As are others on the list, I'm really at a loss for what it is you are
trying to say here.

If you were to determine score, you'd take what you think are valid QSO
points, mult them by the multipliers and come up with a figure.

Which is exactly what the log checking process does, except that it
cross-references your claimed contacts with others' claimed contacts and
determines as best as possible which QSOs really do count and which ones
don't. Then it takes the QSOs, mults them by the multipliers and comes up
with a total.

It's the same thing, except that -- rightly so -- the log checking process
eliminates those QSOs you shouldn't get credit for. If you have more good
QSOs than the other guy, you win. If you have fewer claimed QSOs, but his
error rate takes his score below yours, you win.

You'd rather lose to an inaccurate chump than face log checking?

When you say the log checking computer should 'judge' your claimed score,
what would you have it do when it's deemed faulty? A complete DQ?

What log checking has done is only make possible what has always been the
intent: that only good QSOs count.

You can claim whatever score you want, but either way, it would still up to
the log checking process to determine what your score REALLY should be.

73, kelly
ve4xt