[CQ-Contest] "?" not equal to "QRL?"

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] "?" not equal to "QRL?"
From: Marijan Miletic <s56a@bit.si>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 13:51:42 +0100
N6TJ wrote:
Just because a frequency might sound unoccupied in YOUR narrow slice
of the
world, it does not mean it's not loaded by others  on the other side
of the
world.

EU slice of the HF world is about 10.000 km covering whole USA and
Japan.
I can happily run parallel with Oceania stations most of the time.
Only DX Cluster may show double occupancy.

Hamradio freqs are least used part of HF spectrum.
We are not preserving them by NOT using them.
HF OTH radars appear quickly in our bands.

I often quote K3EST:  The best antenna is one radiating most!
I even enjoy QRP CW :-)

73 de Mario, M/S56A, N1YU