Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest reports and awards (DXCC etc)

To: "Martin Luther" <luther7@bigpond.com>,"Group VKCC" <vkcc@yahoogroups.com>,"Cq-Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest reports and awards (DXCC etc)
From: "Richard DiDonna NN3W" <nn3w@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2006 20:59:00 -0400
I think the ARRL is making provisions for situations where a signal report
is not exchanged, but a QSO is made.  For example, in the North American QSO
party, the contest exchange is name and state/province or simply DX if
you're doing the contest from Jamaica or even Germany (there is no
prohibition on who enters - just that the multipliers are based on North
American entities).  As there is no signal report, are all QSOs
automatically ineligible for DXCC credit simply because the obligatory and
perfunctory 599 or 59 is not part of the exchange???

While we're on QSO credit, contests and DXCC, has anybody proposed to the
League to give DXCC credit to QSOs based upon contest logs???  With log
checking software, the contest log checking software is indeed verifying
that a QSO took place between two stations on a certain mode and on a
certain date, and that the QSO time is within specified time ranges.  The
contest branch and awards branch should work together to allow a station to
flag a QSO in a contest log for DXCC credit once the QSO been verified by
log checking software - with the appropriate paperless fee of course.....
Busted Qs, incorrect exchanges, NILs and unchecked calls are denied.  I
would also deny uniques...

If the ARRL wants to make LoTW accessable, this would be one way!

73 Rich NN3W