Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest reports and awards (DXCC etc)

To: Cq-Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contest reports and awards (DXCC etc)
From: W2RU - Bud Hippisley <W2RU@frontiernet.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 02:30:33 +0000
Richard DiDonna NN3W wrote:
> As there is no signal report, are all QSOs
> automatically ineligible for DXCC credit simply because the obligatory and
> perfunctory 599 or 59 is not part of the exchange???

No, of course not.  ARRL has not required signal reports for DXCC
confirmations for as long as I can remember.
> While we're on QSO credit, contests and DXCC, has anybody proposed to the
> League to give DXCC credit to QSOs based upon contest logs???
They used to do that -- for their own contests, at least.  In fact, I
was surprised to learn recently that they had quit.
>  The
> contest branch and awards branch should work together to allow a station to
> flag a QSO in a contest log for DXCC credit once the QSO been verified by
> log checking software - with the appropriate paperless fee of course.....
> Busted Qs, incorrect exchanges, NILs and unchecked calls are denied.  I
> would also deny uniques...

Wouldn't it just be simpler to encourage all contest participants to
upload their contest logs to LotW?  I suppose ARRL could do it
internally for log files received by them, but you'd really like log
files from *all* contests put in the LotW database.

Bud, W2RU