Re: [CQ-Contest] Defacto Calendar

To: CQ-Contest@CONTESTING.COM
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Defacto Calendar
From: Jim Smith <jimsmith@shaw.ca>
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 00:26:03 -0700
I have found the following helpful.

I have a calendar app into which I can insert the usual birthdays,
holidays, and any other dates that I want.

I enter all the contests I might be interested in.

At the beginning of the contest name I put 1 to 3 asterisks.

*  means my wife can go ahead and schedule anything she wants on this
date - no need to ask me about it.

** means I'm prepared to negotiate giving this one up

*** means that something will have to be pretty damn important for me to
  not enter this one full time.  The fact that a family dinner can only
be scheduled on a *** contest date because some member can't be
available on another date due to some prior commitment doesn't cut it.
My *** contest commitments are just as important as anyone else's
commitments.

I print a copy (one for each month) for me and a copy for my wife.

In looking at the calendar pages from Jun 1 to Sep 30 I see

Six with *
Nine with **
Seven with ***

It actually works pretty well.

I confess that I've never actually entered some of the * ones.

What I'm trying to say here is that some means of indicating the
priority of the contests shown on the calendar might be useful.

73, Jim VE7FO