Re: [CQ-Contest] A new Perspective

To: <steve.root@culligan4water.com>,"Dennis OConnor" <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A new Perspective
From: "Felipe J Hernandez" <fhdez@vox-tel.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2006 20:07:30 -0300
Denny,

Its funny how I remember the likes of LPL, N2AA, N3RS, W4AN complaining of
the same thing in many contests. Sometimes 100 Miles  makes a huge
difference, these are all huge stations.. eventually all of them got the
chance to win the contest, even Bill from Georgia. The texan guys put quite
a show many times.. obviously
propagation made a big difference.

The way I see it, those guys should have never complained, since they where
in a much better position than you.. if you look at it in a good way... You
have all the right to complain!!

on the other hand you have the likes of KS9k, WB9Z and a number of other
great operators from nearby that
everytime they post a #2 or even a #10.. They get a lot of recognition from
the guys like us with the seabreeze
in our favor. I and many others spend significant time watching and
marveling at these wonderful races between you guys in 8,9,0,6,7 lands as
well as all these european countries that have seemed to understand the
spirit
of contesting even at these challenging times.

Its all good my friend, in the next contest lets take some time and exchange
real signal reports and comparisons with others.. I'll gladly do it, Im sure
gettting the big reports will post a smile on you!

Contesting has a lot to do with recognition... self, as well as from others,
is equally valuable.

Felipe
NP4Z/KP3Z