Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] A New Perspective
From: sawyered@earthlink.net
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 05:51:55 -0400 (GMT-04:00)
I am in total agreement with this new thought process being formed.  Rather
than push sponsors who are driven by other incentives (like magazine revenue
dollars), lets use the tools that we have, on line, to expand it into this
direction.

3830 - Already has more information than the sponsored categories (SO2R, LP
M/S, etc.) and provides an opportunity for instant delivery of any of the
discussed items (we just need to set up a sorting entry box like SO2R is now).

Contesters Stattion Database - There already exists a database that you can
update the world on what antennas and equipment that you have.  Keep it
updated, and reference it in your 3830 post.

ARRL Scores Database - Already allows you to section the data down to your
state or ARRL section.  What more do you want from a sponsor than that ?(thanks
ARRL)

Lets use what we have to provide the needs being expressed in this thread.
Half the code would have been written already if the efforts to sway opinion
were put into construction rather than opinion.

See you in the contests as SOLPAB SO2R Nothing higher than 80 feet but don't
let that fool you!

Ed  N1UR