Re: [CQ-Contest] Get it right

To: "Mark Beckwith" <n5ot@n5ot.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Get it right
From: "Dale Putnam" <daleputnam@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 21:05:19 -0600
And many a station has lost the Wyoming mult, say for example in sprint, or
many others, with that reply, because I won't take the time to discuss it with
them. There are times when there are not that many Wyoming staions on, so..
feel free to "SRI QSO B4"... only if you are
absolutely sure you don't need the station... for a mult or a point.....
  I have even had stations declare that, and within 20 minutes call me, and
argue about if they were in my log or not. Go figure.
Some have even come back to call twice after being logged the last time as a
dupe. And for those that explain this is usually the inexperienced, some of the
stations of note, have been seen in the top 20 or 30 a number of times.
  So, if I were to give advice, I would say that to log it, and mark it dupe,
would be a better practice. All things considered. And even considering all the
excuses.
Thanks for the bandwidth,--...   ...--
Dale - WC7S in Wy