Re: [CQ-Contest] Pre tuned Hf amps

To: Peter <pc2a@pi4cc.nl>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Pre tuned Hf amps
From: Tim Duffy K3LR <k3lr@k3lr.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 16:09:13 -0500
Hi Peter!

USA Multi Multi stations W3LPL and K3LR are using home-brew mono band
amplifiers. LPL uses a single 3-1000Z in each amp and LR uses a single 8877.
These amps are not remote and sit close to the radio. They also need to be tuned
between CW and Phone.

Mono band amplifiers are very easy to build and as long as you have antennas
with similar VSWRs there is no reason to touch the amplifier during the contest.
They work quite well!

You can see pictures of the K3LR amplifiers at http://www.k3lr.com

73!
Tim K3LR