Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2006 20:30:10 +0000
Clint Talmadge wrote:

> This idea is also valid because the contesting authority can verify license
> issue date but no longer has access to year born.
--------------
Well, they don't have all of the data, but I saved the last APPL.ZIP
from the FCC. Think it was October 1997.

Now Buckmaster still has year born on those CDs they sell, and
( no telling ), I wrote a VB6 program which can decode the database
to an ASCII text file. And you would be amazed at what other data
is on that CD, all VE calls, G, F, ect. It's just a matter of
telling my search engine what I want displayed. And, it will show
previous calls for those who upgraded. I call the file WASIS.dat

I think the vast majority of contesters are still in that database.

BTW, Clint, you're not shown with a birthday, but it does show that
1 land call you had, and the FCC database probably has your BD under
that call.

I like the idea..

73
Ed