Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction

To: "Randy Thompson" <k5zd@charter.net>, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Contesting Extinction
From: steve.root@culligan4water.com
Date: Sun, 08 Oct 2006 18:27:31 +0000
> This is where things get difficult for me to understand. Who said
> contesting was all about "winning"?
> Randy, K5ZD

This is very true. Even if circumstances are engineered to level the playing
field (i.e.WRTC) there are still going to be big scores and small scores. There
has to be something more to this or most of us would quit.

I think we're confusing winning with recogition.

This "21st century" outlook on contest results should be enlightened enough to
recognize strong efforts by participants that aren't making Top Ten scores. The
ARRL's regional coverage on the Web based reult is an important first step, and
I one for appreciate it.

73 Steve K0SR