Re: [CQ-Contest] 2x4 County designators (was Contest Rules)

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] 2x4 County designators (was Contest Rules)
From: Ed <k4sb@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 04:10:54 +0000
> >Michael Keane K1MK wrote:( I think )
>>MARAC adopted W0QE's list of 2x4 county abbreviations for the County
>>Hunters CW Contest because the managers of that contest do have to
>>deal with all 3076 counties being in play at once.
Guys, I'm having a hard time understanding this. From my point of
view, all it does is add an extra letter to the exchange.

I realize some counties in some States have a problem with similar
names, but I'll guarantee you there is no LAX in GA. And I seriously
doubt there is a Paulding in 6 land.

Maybe someone can explain it to me. ( use small words )

73
Ed