Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation

To: w5ov@w5ov.com, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 09:59:43 EDT
I did not file any comments, but a year or two ago I did a bit of
observation on 80 meters on several random weekday winter evenings.

Basically there were no open frequencies in USA phone band.  On  CW, there
was perhaps one qso every 5 KHz from 3500 to 3580, then a few digital  signals,

then a scattering of Canadians on SSB above 3650 or  so.

Even in SS, activity no longer gets much above 3575 or so on CW.  On  SSB, if
you can't get a frequency early and hold onto it, you might as well take  a
tune across the band and then go watch television.

The AM guys may have been the ones lobbying, but they got it right.

73  -  Jim  K8MR