Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation

To: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>;, jimk8mr@aol.com;,w5ov@w5ov.com;, cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Frequency Conservation
From: "Guy Molinari" <guy_molinari@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 01:34:11 +0000
I never said that it would be "perfect" for everyone, just "good" for most of
us,,,, IMHO.

73 - Guy

> From: w4tv@subich.com> To: guy_molinari@hotmail.com; jimk8mr@aol.com;
> w5ov@w5ov.com; cq-contest@contesting.com> Subject: RE: [CQ-Contest] Frequency
> Conservation> Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 21:06:46 -0400> > >   > > This ruling
> allows more flexibility in how the bands are > > used.  I can't see how this
> can be anything but good for > > everyone.   Even the curmudgeons  ;-).
> Spectrum that gets > > used is less likely to be taken away.  > > Not true
> ... digital operation is not permitted in spectrum > allocated to phone.  The
> changes on 80 and 40 will push a > substantial amount of domestic digital
> activity right into > the middle of Advanced/General/Novice/Tech+ CW activity
> and > will result is a substantial problem.  I can almost guarantee > the
> automated WinLink systems will ruin plenty of SS and > other contest "run"
> frequencies by firing up without listening > and cranking away endlessly
> until they get their message through. > > These changes are a disaster for
> digital acti
 vity and it will > be put squarely in competition with much of the current CW
usage. > In addition, given the regulatory prohibition on digital operation >
in the phone/image allocations, the pressure on a declining > "narrowband"
allocations will only continue to the detriment of > CW. > > The sad part is
that most of the problems are avoidable with > two simple changes: > >    1)
make the 80/75 division at 3650 instead of 3600 >    2) allow (continued)
digital access to 7075-7100 and >       delete the US R1/R3 phone allocation
there now that >       R1/R3 have access to 7100 - 7200. > > 73, > >    ...
Joe, W4TV >     >