Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB Sections in SS

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SSB Sections in SS
From: "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 05:32:11 -0700
     I will probably be saying "South Texas" for most QSOs rather than
"Sierra Tango X-ray".  As a high power station, I have less concern about
other stations being able to copy my signal, South Texas is three syllables
shorter than using the phonetics of the abbreviation, and few people are
likely to encode South Texas as anything other than STX.  I will use
phonetics for STX when I think it will help, of course, as any request for a
repeat defeats that three syllable time savings.

--
Kenneth E. Harker WM5R
kenharker@kenharker.com