[CQ-Contest] RTTY contest software

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] RTTY contest software
From: "Gary Jones" <garyejones@cmaaccess.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:10:53 -0500
I have found the N1MM vs CT thread very interesting and would like some
comments on a similar question.

I have done a number of RTTY DXpeditions over the past 10-15 years
(HS0AC, XX9TFI, JD1/7J1AYK, RTTY op at BQ9P, ZB2/W5FI, etc. etc.)

I have always used WF1B’s fine RTTY contest software in DXpedition mode.
It is fantastic stuff…. The software recognized the call from the print
screen, loaded it into the log with a single keystroke, sent the report,
if the report that I received was the standard 599, I just entered the
entire QSO into the log and the software sent the QRZ and off we went
again. Great stuff! However, to the best of my knowledge, it is only
still available in DOS version and if I go DXpeditioning again, I would
like a Windows operating system based program. However, I pretty much
want the same capabilities as the WF1B software or maybe more.

I am looking for advice on the software that I should consider. I do not
do sound-card RTTY… I use a HAL DXP-38 FSK box as I think that its
performance is far superior to soundcard programs that I have used, so
the software needs to fully control the DXP-38.

What is state of the art as of 2006 for my application? Please respond
either back channel or to the list.

           Thanks

                      Gary    W5FI