Re: [CQ-Contest] need resource for journalist

To: Derrick Belbas <ve4vv@shaw.ca>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] need resource for journalist
From: DL8MBS <prickler.schneider@t-online.de>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:27:10 +0200
Hello Derrick,
as one from this strange writing profession may I ask, please don´t try
overload and overkill attacking him with specialities (as seen from
non-ham readers) like SO2R. Try to find out what the paper wants from
him (as long as he has already sold the story). When he still has to
sell the story he has to follow their wishes or preferences. First try
to help him as much as possible with the planned story.  Having sacked
all the basics necessary for him he then will be open for things like
SO2R - and most likely anything natural for us will attract his
attention - maybe something simple like the emotion of a contesting
situation.
The only exception: he has "card blanche" for XYZ lines with whatever he
wants to write AND he is willing to follow your lines. But be prepared
that this is the exception.
As much as we like a story more on contesting than amateur radio in
general - the story can´t be written without a lot of amateur radio
basics. So be patient with this part, too.
All the best and good luck with your efforts.
73, Chris

(www.dl8mbs.de)