[CQ-Contest] Am I blessed or what????

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Am I blessed or what????
From: "Hershel L. Kreis, Jr." <w4tmn@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 22:29:55 -0500
A month or so ago, we had a discussion about our wives and contesting
here on the reflector.  I did not put my two cents in then, mostly
because my wife was still getting used to the idea of my contesting.
(We have only been married 5 years and I was not active when we first
married.)  I just got back into it last year after upgrading to a
General ticket.  Well, a year later (along with a few "assertive"
fellowship sessions) she has spent the second CQ WW DX weekend with me.
I made sure that I heeded some of K1IR's suggestions prior to the
weekend and it was heaven on earth.

Saturday, dinner and the accompanying beverage was delivered to the
shack personally by my wife with a loving smile.  She also kept
interruptions down to a minimum.

Sunday, she did not complain when I got up early (4am) after my nap
(using a very loud alarm clock) to work a few more contacts prior to
going to church.  My daughter even shocked my wife and I when she
announced at the door of the shack a loud "Whiskey Four Tango Mike
November" (the first time she has ever said that).  My wife, daughter
and two sons gave me the weekend pretty much to myself, and I just wish
that conditions on the air would have been that wonderful.

Sunday night after the contest ended, I put my little daughter (3 years
old) to bed and gave my wife a break from everything and she really
appreciated it so much so that not a negative word has been said about
contests.

I think she is definitely a keeper!!!  It truly is wonderful to be
married to my best friend who lets me play with you guys every now and then.

I can't wait for Sweepstakes weekend...........

Hershel
W4TMN