Re: [CQ-Contest] N0RK ex WB0IWL Russ Silent Key

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] N0RK ex WB0IWL Russ Silent Key
From: "Matt & Carrie" <superfly@tetonwireless.net>
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 18:00:02 -0700
I am deeply saddened to hear of Russ's passing. I first met him while I was
living in Denver in the early/mid 1980s. He was very personable and had a
great sense of humor. I hadn't heard him on for years, but had exchanged
some emails last year a few times, before and after Mike and his great
effort in phone SS from here in Montana. I feel fortunate to have had the
opportunity to work a FD or two in Colorado where he was present with his
fun loving attitude making it all the more pleasurable. If I remember
correctly he was the one at the top of the tower as we set up for FD. I
would also run across him every so often where he was DJing at an Aurora
nightclub. I took my girlfriend there every once in a while. That girlfriend
has been my wife for 21 years now. I was sure glad to see he was surfacing
again in the contest community.

My thoughts and prayers are with Mike and other members of the Colorado
Contest Conspiracy from that era and his family and all who knew him.

73 old man,

Matt--K7BG (WB7CFL back then)