[CQ-Contest] N0RK ex WB0IWL Russ Silent Key

To: <gmc@mailman.qth.net>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>,<FTdx-9000_FT-2000@yahoogroups.com>,"'Steve London'" <n2ic@arrl.net>,"'Jay Kesterson'" <k0gu@verinet.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] N0RK ex WB0IWL Russ Silent Key
From: "Mike Fatchett" <mike@mallardcove.com>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 19:14:16 -0700
Russ Kaelberer, N0RK, ex WB0IWL, passed away late last month.  Memorial
services were held yesterday.

This news was a shock to all who were close to him.  He was only 48.  Russ
and I have been good friends for over 25 years.

Russ and I participated in many multi-op Sweepstakes efforts over those
years with our best effort being last year.  We placed 3rd overall and took
the Northwest Division plaque.  During the 70's, Russ enjoyed low power
Sweepstakes efforts from his folks house in Denver.

Russ spent many hours on and off my towers working on about every type of
antenna we thought would be the next band blow torch.  We were currently in
the process of building my station here in Colorado.  We were looking
forward to another active contest season.

Russ was active on many of the ham radio reflectors and was very helpful to
many especially with audio, microphone and processing questions.

I will miss you my friend.  Keep the rate up and don't miss that Sweep!

73 OM

Mike W0MU