Re: [CQ-Contest] changing category

To: N7MAL <N7MAL@CITLINK.NET>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] changing category
From: Jack Brindle <jackbrindle@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 16:33:47 -0800
Mal;

Simply put, you don't. Changing in the middle would invalidate all of
your previous QSOs in the other guy's logs, making them more than a
bit upset.

If you really want to do that, you need to use a different call. But
that may be outside of the rules also...

Or to put it another way, there really is no way to do what you want.

On Nov 5, 2006, at 11:11 AM, N7MAL wrote:

> How do you change categories during the middle of SS. I had some
> health
> issues which forced me to stop/start several time and finally quitting
> around 0800Z. It is now 1800Z and I feel like I give it another
> chance.
> Here's the fly in the ointment I been connected to my local cluster
> and have
> been watching it. I  would start on 15 and of course go straight to
> VO1HP.
> My entry started out as A, single op unassisted. I, because of
> honesty,
> would now have to change my class to U. How do you change in mid-
> stream
> without creating confusion? I've decided to do nothing and go watch da
> bears. I'm sure something similar has come up before, and will
> again, I
> would like to know the solution.
> TKS 73
>
> MAL