Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Participation

To: "Patrick Hoppe" <phoppe@wi.rr.com>, <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Participation
From: g.m.mcadams@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 02:22:48 +0000
Pat,

Speaking as a middle-to-end of the pack contestor, I sometimes upload to LOTW
BEFORE I send the Cabrillo file to the contest sponsor.

I have found that the contest community as a whole is very good about following
up with QSL's be they electronic or paper when requested. LOTW is a great tool
for those of us who use the contest as a neat and fun way to fill in the blanks
on our various awards.

I have uploaded all my logs from 1987 forward, since that was the year I got my
current call. Most of my confirmations are from the year 2000 forward. So far,
I have qualified for DXCC, WAS (phone and RTTY) I'm very close to a CW worked
all states and very close to a  5-band WAS, all via LOTW.

So, yes I find the contest community a great source of QSL's!

73 Gary
WG7X
From: "Patrick Hoppe" <phoppe@wi.rr.com>