[CQ-Contest] LOTW Participation

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] LOTW Participation
From: "Tim Goeppinger" <timgep@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 04:04:07 +0000
It should be noted that as of this weekend, LOTW now has a 12% QSL rate
overall for the
111 million plus QSO's.  Not bad, considering a certain percentage are
mistakes that can't be
deleted (I have a bunch).

Speaking of mistakes - During CQ WW SSB, I didn't quite follow the
instructions of my software,
and I had a 1 hour glitch in my time stamps for my QSO's after the 2PM
daylight savings time change.
I had restarted the software later that morning, and I was back in sync -
but I didn't know I had
the time warp in my log!

So, a couple of days later, I got 2 eQSL's from PJ4E (one for 15m, one for
40m).  When I checked
LOTW, only the 15m PJ4E QSO was there.  I double checked my log, and I found
the time was
1 hour off!  For a while I thought it was him (I was in denial).  Then I
noticed other eQSL's were
off an hour too!  In fact 30 QSO's of my 180 were off by an hour!  I fixed
my log, and now I have
2 QSL's from PJ4E.

Thank you LOTW and eQSL!  You saved me 1000's of points, and many
multipliers in CQWW!

I have noticed that the QSL rate on LOTW from US RTTY contesters is 40 to
50%.  And most
of them are within hours of the contest finish.

Tim K6GEP