Re: [CQ-Contest] cut numbers etc

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] cut numbers etc
From: "Paul T. Antos" <wb2abd@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2006 23:03:58 -0500
Yup,  the cut numbers take your mind through the extra step of decoding what to
type, especially annoying when you're tired, and then you miss something else
in the exchange because your mind inserts the phrase " why is he doing that?".
Ditto with leading zeroes - maybe it's just me, but you start thinking was it
really an "023" or a "123".

Speaking of "cutting",  I had one Q where I got  " ABD  ###  B  CALL CK SECT",
to which I studiously made sure to repeat my full call with a "de WB2ABD" after
the exchange. Got a "TU" and away he went. I'd rather hear my call or the
correction characters that the logging program sends. Gee, he might have been
working HS5ABD, for all I know.

And I get a synaptical  short-circuit response when the other station leaves
his call out of his exchange...

Lets see ... what else to complain about.... oh yeah, running station has a
pileup, asks for "XY?" and gets a dozen guys w/o XY in the call to respond. The
trick here is to go away for about 13 projected QSO's and then come back.

And what else....  besides losing  AK to the "XY Shpiel"  and not hearing NL or
NWT,  completely confounded by not working VT.

And I apologize if any of my operating habits caused any distress to my
contesting bretheren. Reply via email if you want an explanation as to why I
might have sent my exchange much slower than you thought you were going to hear
it.

TU  Paul  WB2ABD