Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW NIL penalty for zero pointer?

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] CQ WW NIL penalty for zero pointer?
From: "Art Boyars" <art.boyars@verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 20:54:28 -0500
Somebody replied privately:

"0X3 is a 0 penalty plus 0 points for the lost QSO.. However, if you were the
only US or zone 5 or whatever your friend logged he will lose the
multiplier/multipliers.

"CQ is NOT real strict on time accuracy... it is appreciated, but if you know
you worked your friend, you can add him to your log at an approximate time and
with the right band."

I checked the official Rules: "10. Bad QSO penalty: three (3) additional
contacts removed."  Doesn't say which three.  I can think of more ways and
rationales than are worth caring about.

Even though I was surely not his only USA or Zone 5 on 15M, I think I'll e-mail
my friend, get the info from his log, and put it into mine to make sure he does
not get dinged three 3-pointers.  Adding the new country and zone will increase
my score from 1,580 to 1,650.  I hope nobody complains about my post-contest
log massaging.

Thanks.

73, Art K3KU