Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 12:12:14 -0800 (PST)
From: Mike K9MI k9mi@sbcglobal.net

But, what Hans did was correct and something that any of us
could have done, and then, no more guessing, you have the answer. Really no
need to speculate on an issue when you can just email the contest director,who
I believe is still Dan Henderson, N1ND.
---------------------------

I agree.  I wasn't picking on him in any way.  He asked the right question of
the right person.  Imagine though...asking the wrong person, and getting an
opinion rather than a ruling.  That can be anywhere from just annoying to
outright disqualifying.

In a blog model, the person who is responsible for the content of the blog is
clearly identified and what they say is clearly visible and searchable.  It is
authoritative within that context.

By visiting the "ARRL Contests" blog (if it existed), Tom Hogerty would be
identified as the Blogger, along with contact information...along with all of
the rulings/interpretations from all past Contest administrators (including Dan
Henderson, who would now be shown as the blogger for the "ARRL Regulatory" blog
if it existed).

The correct answer would be searchable there.  If it didn't exist, then Tom
could be contacted...provide clarification to the inquirer...and update the
Blog so that there would be little need for a second call on the same topic
(unless the ruling was ambiguous).  Blogging can actually reduce workload, if
done with a purpose in mind.

Anyway...I think we get the drift.

73,
Ev, W2EV