Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer
From: Jim Roller <n4ir@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 14:05:15 -0500
Rules Interpretation Solution:

First, the sponsoring entity will hire the country's best legislation
writing lawyers to insure all the rules are written so there can be no
room for interpretation, ironclad and cannot be understood by anyone
other than the authors.

Second, each participant will hire or retain the best lawyer he can
afford to interpret and find all the loopholes in the rules and stand
ready to defend the participant from any negative rulings, including any
and all appeals.

Third, to paraphrase the bard, "We kill all the lawyers".

My apologies to the legal profession, but it seems this is the only
workable solution. Oh,
if this doesn't work, our country's penal institutions are full of
jailhouse lawyers who have as much time as needed to pick apart and
complain about contest rules. By the way, have any of you folks have
ever tried to write contest rules or volunteered to help write rules? If
not, it appears that we should get some of you folks on the rules
committees so it can be done clearly, concisely and with no ambiguities.
It is obvious from all the posts on this thread we have several experts
who can really do contesting a tremendous service.

My legal fees preclude me being able to afford a flameproof suit, so
I'll just crawl back in my shell and will not respond to the heat. I
have a good cooling system.

73,

Jim, N4IR       CK 57, repeated proudly and often.

p.s. I have nothing but respect and admiration for those in the legal
profession. This is just where this (hopefully ending) thread seems to
be going.