Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer

To: "Michael Coslo" <mjc5@psu.edu>,"CQ-Contest Contest" <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 18:19:38 -0000

>       In our party, the exchange is a serial number as well as a county or
> section. Serial numbers start at one and work their way up. Sounds
> pretty simple, eh? Multi-op stations tend to have that second station
> start at 1001, if there are 3 stations, the third one starts at 2001.
> But wait a minute! This is no longer a serial number.  Do we need to
> define that the second station starts at 2001? or do we mandate that
> all multi op stations have either software that can be netted
> together, or otherwise come up with a method to ensure that all QSO's
> are serial, and occur serially and chronologically.

Why would you want to?  The serial number does not affect score, it is just
a piece of info exchanged between stations.

For that matter, SS rules do not prescribe that the numbers start at "1",
only that they need to be sequential.

"4. Exchange: The required exchange consists of:
   4.1. A consecutive serial number;

Let's say I sent 905 exchanges in last years SS Phone.  No rule says my
first contact next weekend can't be serial # 906.

"Everything not specifically prohibited is mandatory."

Beep beep es 73,

de Hans, K0HB