Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer

To: CQ-Contest Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Easy way to correct answer
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2006 13:10:48 -0800 (PST)
From: K0HB k-zero-hb@earthlink.net

Why would you want to?  The serial number does not affect score, it is just
a piece of info exchanged between stations.

For that matter, SS rules do not prescribe that the numbers start at "1",
only that they need to be sequential.

---------------------------

Hans makes a great point.  In my early years, I ran across a contest on 15
meters where it was obvious to me that a sequential serial number was being
used.  After listening for about 10 minutes, I got right into the fray.

There was a station who was obvously having fun, running a ton of stations as
they were handing out serial numbers in the 2000 range.

I gave them a call, and a serial number that was 200 higher than the one that
they were about to give me.  The operator stammered for a moment, asked me to
verify my serial number -- which I did.

I shut off my radio, grabbed a hand full of cookies, turned on the TV and
watched Chico and the Man (because by that hour of the night, my favorite AM
radio station went off the air). :)

Ev, W2EV