Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Check

Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS Check
From: "John T. Laney III" <k4bai@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 18:27:20 -0500
James P. Cassidy wrote:

>This thread is a getting a little old and I hope my addition won't prolong
>it too much.
>
>I am thinking that quite a few years ago the CK was derived from the
>operators birthday.  I don't recall how that was implemented and cannot
>find my old logs to check.
>
>73 Jim KI7Y

No, the check didn't come from the birthday.  The exchange was longer
then.  It included a date and time at one time.  Then just a date.  And
toward the end of that requirment, the date was the month and date of
your birth.  As a result, I got happy birthday radiograms for my
birthday for many years from contesters like K9GDF.  73, John, K4BAI.