Re: [CQ-Contest] is it OK to ask what prefix were looking for witha need

To: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] is it OK to ask what prefix were looking for witha needed Multip on cluster ?
From: Zack Widup <w9sz@prairienet.org>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:18:21 -0600 (CST)
Well, you have to learn somewhere and if you don't know, it isn't a dumb
question. It's certainly not encouraging to brand-new contesters to be
told they're dumb for asking. I do all I can to encourage new contesters.

I remember my first ARRL DX contest in 1993. I had an old DXCC countries
list that was seriously outdated.  I had no idea what I was working - 9A,
T9, S5, 4N ... none of those were in the book.  So I just worked them and
asked later. I didn't even have a computer then, so I called ARRL and the
DXCC desk told me what the prefixes were.

73, Zack W9SZ