Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window
From: <ku8e@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 23:46:39 -0500
  Why even bother having a DX window on SSB? During a major contest 75 meters
is so crowded that it's hard to hear anyone at all on your own frequency.
During CQWW SSB I heard many DX stations (many in EU) operating inside the DX
window call CQ and not hear the pileup ffrom the USA calling them because of
the QRM in EU. Then they would go and work other EU stations in the "so called"
 DX window. Now is that fair ??

All the "real good" low band contesters/DXers know the best way to work DX is
for the DX station to transmit outside the US band and listen up split. Even a
better way is to work it on CW !!!

Sorry Mal ... call me a LID but if I find any clear frequency on 75 during in
SS.. even if it's in the DX window I am going to grab it. Like someone else
said it's a "band plan" not a rule and I have the right to operate there
if I'm there first. You can throw out all those band plans during any major
phone contest weekend....

Jeff / KU8E