Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] QRM in DX Window

To: Ron Rossi <kk1l@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] [YCCC] QRM in DX Window
From: "Michael K. Loukides" <mikel@oreilly.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 10:07:45 -0500 (EST)
I found the extract from the hf-faq really interesting.  I didn't
notice that, and it's much more lenient towards contesting than I had
expected.

I also stay away from the 80M and 160M DX window in domestic contests,
and from the maritime net at 14300.  And QSOs that are in progress.
But as both the ARRL and FCC have pointed out, nobody can reserve a
frequency, and everyone has to be able to tolerate QRM.  The meaning
of "stay away from" is relative.

I found it REALLY funny when, during one of our 160M nets, I heard a
guy off to the side saying "Yeah, I even tried tuning up on them with
my amp, and they didn't move."  Well... we're contesters, we *eat* QRM
for breakfast.

Mike, W1JQ