Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] QRM in DX Window
From: Scott Manthe <n9aa@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2006 21:05:01 -0600
I think during contests, ALL rules and gentleman's agreements should be
suspended- no power limits, no subbands, no frequency allocations. All
of these are an impediment to my making contacts, and really, that's the
only thing I'm concerned with.

Courtesy and respect are my enemy during the contest- I need to make
contacts.

So I'd propose, for contesters only, since we're superior operators,
that the FCC raise the power limit to whatever I can afford to buy and
allow us to: ignore all bands plans; suspend frequency allocations,
except when they interfere with Bears broadcasts; and waive all rules as
they pertain the proper operating practices.

After all, when the band fills up, these are counterproductive.

But, only for contest weekends...

And only for contesters, after all, we are superior operators and we
deserve it.

73,
Scott, N9AA