Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB reflections

To: "kr2q@optonline.net" <kr2q@optonline.net>,cq-contest@contesting.com, 3830@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB reflections
From: "K0HB " <k-zero-hb@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 03:03:53 -0000

> 3.  Greatest Epiphany:  Realizing just how much entrants/participants use
SCP (I never use it).
> I overheard one conversation where station A was debating with station B
(who station A was
> working) about what Section station B was in.  B kept telling him one
thing but A kept citing
> what was "loaded in the computer."  B stated over and over, I was there
LAST YEAR, now I'm
> "here." Station A seemed unwilling to doubt SCP.
>
> Then I had someone else tell me how long ago it was since "we worked" (a
long time) in SS.
> Now I finally figured why so many guys only want YOUR NUMBER, YOUR NUMBER
and nothing
> else...it's all there for them already.  How disappointing...a long
exchange to "test" skill made
> meaningless by so-called technology.  Sort of defeats the whole point, no
(unless your point
> is to just "score big" or "win")?
>

> de Doug KR2Q

Yeah, what Doug said!!!!!!

For those of you who still don't "get it", this is why my SS check is
unstable from year to year.  To put >>radiomen<< back into contesting, and
confound the >>computer_dependent<<.

Use your computer to do the logging paperwork, not to feed you hints.

73 es beep beep,

de Hans, K0HB