Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB reflections

To: cq-contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] SS SSB reflections
From: Doug Smith W9WI <w9wi@earthlink.net>
Date: 21 Nov 2006 09:33:46 -0600
On Mon, 2006-11-20 at 21:03, K0HB wrote:
> For those of you who still don't "get it", this is why my SS check is
> unstable from year to year.  To put >>radiomen<< back into contesting, and
> confound the >>computer_dependent<<.
>
> Use your computer to do the logging paperwork, not to feed you hints.

I treat the exchange info in super check partial as a *hint*, not the
gospel truth.  I hear "38 Q K0HB 5<buzz> <buzz>N" and I might reply "57
MN?" rather than "CK SEC AGN PSE?".  Saves time both for me (four
characters sent instead of 11) and probably, Hans.  (if he actually did
mean "57 MN" then he just sends "R"; if he actually meant "56 MN" he
just sends "57")

But yes, exchanges are often "unstable" from year to year.  Hans wasn't
the only one.  You certainly have to copy the exchange for real!
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN  EM66