[CQ-Contest] CQWW CW - Signing your call

To: CQ Contest <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CQWW CW - Signing your call
From: Steve London <n2icarrl@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2006 09:16:09 -0500
This may be a dupe of a thread from almost a year ago, but I thought the timing
was right, with CQWW CW this weekend.

Of all the contests, CQWW CW seems to be afflicted with the worst examples of
DX
stations not signing their call often enough. I can understand that you are
trying to maximize your rate, but if I ask you for your call, and you don't
give
it, that is simply poor operating. Not all of us use telepacket, and even if we
did, we are too smart to blindly rely on the call in the telepacket spot.

So, here's what I'm doing - If I ask you for your call, and you don't give it,
then I'm not waiting around, and you're not going in my log. I lose just the
QSO, but you get a NIL and lose 4 QSO's !  For those of you who say I am
exhibiting poor sportsmanship, I strongly disagree.  By making me wait and wait
for you to sign your call, you are the poor sportsman by maximizing your score
at the expense of my score.

73,
Steve, N2IC