Re: [CQ-Contest] Amplified headfones

To: <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [CQ-Contest] Amplified headfones
From: "Sam Neal" <n5af@usa.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 01:10:06 -0600
Hello,

If you want " LOUD " from an inexpensive speaker, check on e-bay for one of
the Motorola amplified speakers such as are found on fire apparatus. They seem
to be designed for the vocal audio range ( no hi-fi here! ) I have two of
them. The amplifier is built into the speaker housing.

Not for contesting in the house where the XYL is though!

73,

Sam Neal  N5AF

Tom, W7WHY, wrote:

> With my hearing slowly getting worse every year, I noticed this year I had
> hard time in the SS.  I am now wearing hearing aids and it is hard to get
> them adjusted right without squealing or not being loud enough.  Without
> them I have to turn the volume almost all the way up on the receiver to
> hear, and that distorts the signals.
>
> Does anyone use amplified headphones?

>73 and TIA
> Tom W7WHY

Sorry to hear about your challenging situation there, Tom.  I'm sure you are
not alone in Contesting-Land.

Umh, have you considered the possibility of just taking the hearing aids out,
and CRANKING-UP-THE-VOLUME (I said: CRANKING-UP-THE-VOLUME) on your Radio???