[CQ-Contest] Consistent or not [was: ZoneProp REMINDER]

To: CQ-Contest Reflector <cq-contest@contesting.com>
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Consistent or not [was: ZoneProp REMINDER]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 05:56:37 -0800 (PST)
----- Original Message ----

> well, they ALL need to be consistent in their rulings.

No, they don't.  And I wouldn't want them to be.  Each baseball league defines
things a little bit different.  Each golf league, each sailing organization,
different auto race organizations have different rules, etc, etc, etc...
---------------------------

Consistancy comes in two flavors: inter-sponsor and intra-sponsor.

While I was taken to task for saying so before, I will repeat what I said (and
further amplify Dave's comments above).  Each sponsor runs their own event.
Participants play by those event rules -- which are different from one sponsor
to another, and from one event to another by the same sponsor.  If it's a CQ
contest, then check with the CQ folks; if it's an ARRL contest, check with
them, etc.  It's another way of saying what Dave said above.  However...

I believe that the originally quoted posting inferred that an individual
sponsor needs to be consistant in the way that they interpret and apply their
own rules.  This is something that I agree with as well.  History has proven
this to be problematic.

Ev, W2EV