[CQ-Contest] CW abbreviations

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] CW abbreviations
From: "José Nunes CT1BOH" <ct1boh@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Dec 2006 23:59:35 +0000
MR Tree says

"PS: What about sending VV for "33" - anyone have a problem with that?"

Well I don't since I used it from CT3NT.

Do you have a problem when you send 5NN and use N for 9? Guess not cuz you
are doing it all along.
If you don't why should you have a problem when I use V for a 3? Or some
abbreviations are OK and others are not?

As far as CW numbers go I see the following abbreviations:

1=A
2=U
3=V
4
5=E
6
7=B
8=D
9=N
0=T

CW is a mode where abbreviations are common and are there to save time.
Probably you are not aware but:

 transmitting "33" times 7.000 at 40wpm = 105.73 minutes
transmitting "8" times 7.000 at 40wpm= 54.59 minutes
Transmitting "VV" times 7.000 at 40wpm= 76.56 minutes

And I'm still 22 minutes behind the zone 8 guys, transmitting just the zone
for every QSO made

EE CT3NT

Ohh do you also have a problem I send EE instead of TU?!

--
José Nunes
CONTEST CT1BOH - http://www.qsl.net/ct1boh