[CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer

To: cq-contest@contesting.com
Subject: [CQ-Contest] Adding MS-DOS to a WindowsXP Computer
From: Dennis OConnor <ad4hk2004@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 3 Dec 2006 06:34:12 -0800 (PST)
DOS based machines and software are getting long in the tooth...  I have long
used and liked TRLOG, but it does not run on my XP machines, and installing 4
port serial cards on newer hardware is increasingly a hassle, and impossible on
my HP PenTabs...  98 does not support Greyline packaged in N1MM...  Using flash
memory to move information between my XP office machines and the shack DOS/98
became a hassle when I went to 2 GIG flash for all the business activities...
SO, I am this season running N1MM... Started on 98 machines that had been used
for TRLOG ... Found intermittent problems...  FInally dragged home a cast off
500 mhz XP machine from the office... Loaded N1MM, plugged in a USB hub,
plugged in all my peripherals including WinKey USB, and it has motored through
two contests now without so much as a hiccup... I'm sold...  IF TRLOG comes out
on XP and supports WInKey I'll jump back as I miss the intuitive interface
where the enter key does 99% of the operating
 commands...

denny / k8do